Tuesday, May 8, 2012

tomorrow is last call

Last-Call-at-the-Oasis

...qb is hanging up the gloves tomorrow (but not without one fantastic finale!).

113 comments:

  1. Well, it's been a fabulous ride, and thank you again.

    ReplyDelete
  2. See you at last call.

    ntmap

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your blog is the first and the last I check on a day. Thanks for sharing so many boots. It's been great.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks again for all you've done for us. Good luck and keep riding the storm out.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I feel a bit sad about the bad news... OK, it's much more than a bit.

    But we do have to respect your decision, of course.

    So let it die like a star should die - as a supernova!

    All the best wishes from Germany

    danasan

    ReplyDelete
  6. T H A N K Y O U D A V E ! ! ! !

    ReplyDelete
  7. Thanks for all your hard work. Much appreciated.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Thank you so much for all you've shared, your work is deeply appreciated. I wish you the best in all your future endeavors.

    Bob W.

    ReplyDelete
  9. i should have said thanks more often...

    ReplyDelete
  10. We can never thank you enough for all your work, dedication, and love you have given to this. "Though the course may change sometimes, rivers always reach the sea...."

    ReplyDelete
  11. You're amazing! I check this blog every morning as I eat my breakfast. It will be sorely missed.

    Any chance on getting Floyd's "Watching The World Upon The Wall" (6-16-81) before you bow out?

    ReplyDelete
  12. Thxs Dave for all the music and work. Every morning I check your blog. Mornings never will be the same.

    Grtz, Bask (Netherlands)

    ReplyDelete
  13. I am sad to see you go...I check this blog several times a day! Thanks for all of your hard work!! Good luck!!!

    Podge

    ReplyDelete
  14. Dave,
    What can I say. We all knew this day would come although sadly. I have enjoyed your site more than any other on the web. You and your site will be sorely missed but all good things must come to an end. Best of luck with wherever life takes you. Floyd Rules Forever. Take care Dave. The Rug

    ReplyDelete
  15. good luck from a dimer

    ReplyDelete
  16. Thank you, Dave. I have several TB of your fabulous uploads, especially my Neil Young Collection.
    Now I'll have to go back to the torrents.
    My RSS notifications came every at 3 or 4 am with new posts from this site, now I'll see no more.
    Thank Dave. It has been a pleasure.
    Godspeed!

    ReplyDelete
  17. Thank you so much. As someone above said, I should have said "Thanks" (and followed clicks) more often than I did but I have discovered some fabulous music over the last months thanks to your efforts and I'm very grateful. Good luck for the future and enjoy the extra time you'll have!

    Gentoo

    ReplyDelete
  18. It was great while it lasted but I suppose all good things must come to an end (but so do bad things!).

    So long and thanks for all the music.

    Simon.

    ReplyDelete
  19. Thanks for all these great boots you have given us Dave, especially the Bowie ones! Any chance of keeping this community alive perhaps on Facebook, this time sharing freindship and music views instead of boots?

    ReplyDelete
  20. Thanks again for everything Dave!!! Just out of curiosity, how long will the links on here and Qualitybootz still be active??

    Randy

    ReplyDelete
  21. Recien me desayuno, Dave, dejas todo????
    Es una lastima te vamos extrañar demasiado.
    Larga vida y que disfrutes siempre
    Gracias
    Nestor

    ReplyDelete
  22. Thanks for all the great music you've provided.

    ReplyDelete
  23. Thanks for sharing your passion with us and opening up a new world of bootlegs for me.

    ReplyDelete
  24. Dave,

    "Well there's one kind favor I ask of you.
    Dave there's one kind favor, I'll ask of you."

    [And it's not:
    "See that my grave is kept clean."
    Blind Lemon Jefferson]

    Beside not posting anything new anymore, is there a way you can devise for having some of us who joined the blog only recently to add to their collections some the gems that have been lost (read "dead link") through the years?
    Some of your postings were really a jewel and I cannot figure out were to look for them once you'll be gone...
    Thanks for everything anyway, Dave.
    Andrew

    ReplyDelete
  25. "I'd rather be here than in Philadelphia"
    Good-bye old friend.

    Love Newman

    ReplyDelete
  26. Dave its been a pleasure and an honor to know you for the last year and a half with your wonderful blog and generosity of sharing. I just got hooked on bootlegs at the same time I found your blog. Because of the hard work, patience with those who wanted to agrue with you and your determination to share has been not only a blessing to me..but also helped me build qiute a collection of lossless bootlegs. I am going to miss you my friend!!! God bless all that you do! Dale Geyer

    ReplyDelete
  27. merci pour tout les boots que tu nous as proposé, c'est avec joie que j’écoute tout les lives que j'ai pu télécharger de ton blog, je ne te remercierais jamais assez pour tout ton travail et tout tes efforts qui ont fait de toi une renommée international sur internet.
    merci encore pour tout.
    thank you for all the boots you we have proposed, it is with joy that I listen to all the lives that I could download to your blog, I would thank you enough for all your work and all your efforts that made international renown of you on the internet.
    thank you again for everything.

    Bluesmanthony

    ReplyDelete
  28. Thank you for everything Dave - your blog was a daily ritual for me that will be sadly missed. Best of luck and peace to you, Mrs QB and family!
    Louie

    ReplyDelete
  29. Thanks for the Zeppelin my friend.. I will miss it very very very much. I hope you and your family well. As they say all good things must come to an end. This blog and all your work was a very good thing.

    See you on this side or the other.
    Ten Years Gone
    David from Boston

    ReplyDelete
  30. Your presence will be sorely missed as will the community you created here. Well done you.

    ReplyDelete
  31. Thanks again for everything Dave.
    But from tomorrow the net it will be poorer without Your fabulous uploads.
    Good luck

    Fagus from Italy

    ReplyDelete
  32. Please don't go Dave.

    We enjoy your posts.

    We are pleased that we are part of your life.

    Sincerely,

    The selfish man

    ReplyDelete
  33. NO! its impossible, because its impossible!
    r'n'r forever!!!

    Estonia

    ReplyDelete
  34. The web will never be the same .... thanks a lot!

    ReplyDelete
  35. All the best mate still one of the best Blogs,a big big thank you,won't be the same without you.
    Whitty

    ReplyDelete
  36. Dave - You have always been our 'Rock N Roll Diamond In The Rough'. I have lost count of the many MANY times that your uploads have just amazed me to such extremes. I know that most people dislike 'change', but I honestly wish you much luck in whatever new road that you are heading down. I'm sure that I can speak for many of us...that you have truly been an ANGEL in providing us with thousands of hours of pure-musical-satisfaction in obtaining items that would otherwise be left in vaults, warehouses, basements...to be unheard. Thank you so much for all of the time and effort that you put forth for us. We truly love you. Peace be with you. :)

    ReplyDelete
  37. Thanks for all the shows!!!

    Harm

    ReplyDelete
  38. Godspeed You Dave! And sincerely thank you for letting us cruise with you for a while.
    When Times were fab...

    ReplyDelete
  39. Many thanks Dave - your uploads have truly enriched my appreciation of music. Best wishes.

    ReplyDelete
  40. wow. THANK YOU for sharing and caring for as long as you possibly could while the world worked against you. it was a long ride and it was VERY appreciated. now go have a wonderful life and enjoy your freedom ;^)
    ROCK ON
    James

    ReplyDelete
  41. Thanks a lot for all the time and energy you put into this project. All the best for all your future plans!

    ReplyDelete
  42. Thanks again for all. Hope to see you in the future on another side......

    ReplyDelete
  43. Thanks for all the music. I have long appreciated the time and energy that have gone into this endeavor. You've made my life - and clearly the lives of many others - better through your generosity.

    ReplyDelete
  44. Thanks mate. It´s been fantastic. I checked your blog every night. Gonna miss this. Great work.

    ReplyDelete
  45. Dear Dave,

    Thank you; I wish you well in all your aspirations.

    Love from Wales,
    Marty

    ReplyDelete
  46. My god, how I'm gonna miss this.
    I don't think I left a comment before, but I'd like to say thank you at least once.

    Keep rocking,
    Johnnie from Brazil.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Dear Dave,
      Thank you from the bottom of my heart for sharing the greatest gift of all- MUSIC! I am very grateful for all of the time and effort you dedicated to this wonderful blog, day in, and day out. You will be greatly missed! I hope that you make the most out of the newly found free hours in the days ahead. GOOD LUCK, THANKS, and PEACE!!!
      Best Wishes,
      Catfish John

      Delete
  47. Dave,
    Sorry to see you go. Thanks for all your hard work and efforts. Good luck and good health: your site will be sorely missed.
    Stay well !

    ReplyDelete
  48. Thank you for what you've done for us all over the past few years. It's been a real good time. I have stopped by on a daily basis just to see what you have shared and it's always interesting to see what new find you've come up with.

    Will miss your blog. All the best to you and your family for the future.

    ReplyDelete
  49. 2012 année de la loose :
    Megaupload
    Phrock
    Psychedelic Lion
    Quality Bootz
    and so many!

    Thanks again for your brilliant work for so many years!

    ReplyDelete
  50. Her Husband Steve!May 8, 2012 at 3:51 PM

    This whole library over the years is something special and rare... it kind of makes sense considering the capital 'G' Gentleman behind it all!

    I can easily say the Zep, Fleetwood Mac and Clapton boots are the first I check for, but as long as these archives stay intact there's no end to it for any of your visitors and the amount of time reading and clicking through this site.

    From your desire and outlet to share good music...Bootz is the one blog that trumped them all by a mile.

    It's gonna be bitter-sweet to see the final updates, but stay in good spirits.

    Dave, I hope each day brings you something new and rewarding!

    ReplyDelete
  51. I have been stopping by here every morning for quite a while,by far my favourite blog,sad to see it end.All the hairy breast in the future and a big THANK YOU for all the great music sir.

    ReplyDelete
  52. Thanks for all your hard work.

    ReplyDelete
  53. Very sorry to see you go! My collection would be much less without all the great shows you have provided over the years. Thank you so much for all that you have done. Good luck!!!

    ReplyDelete
  54. Thanks again Dave for everything you've done. Your blog is the best out there and there will never be another one like it. Thanks for all of the wonderful music from all of my favorite artists and for introducing me to some amazing artists that I had known nothing of before. It's sad to see this all end even though I understand the reasons why, but I have amassed enough material from here to keep me entertained for many many years to come. You will be deeply missed and I wish you and your family the very best. Good luck with all of your future endeavors and thanks again for all of the incredible music...YOU ROCK!!!

    ReplyDelete
  55. Thanks for everything here at QB, my friend. Looking forward to what you have planned for everyone tomorrow...

    ReplyDelete
  56. "You sent a message to millions..." And it's out there, it can't be taken back. So here's to you, Dave, and a million thanks back, instead.

    ReplyDelete
  57. Thanks for all your hard work it is truly appreciated.Thank You

    ReplyDelete
  58. Thanx, Dave, for the many hour of entertainment you have given us.

    ReplyDelete
  59. Thanks for sharing all this music with us over the years Dave, I don't have the words to properly express my gratitude: I've found loads of little delicacies here that would never have found me lugholes otherwise. Sorry that QB is coming to end, but still, all the best for the future for you and yours, and once again, Thank You Dave, you diamond geezer you.
    Cheers!
    Mark in Pompey

    ReplyDelete
  60. "The Day The Music Died"
    You gave so many people great enjoyment
    thank you
    Good luck to you in what ever your future holds

    ReplyDelete
  61. Thank you, thank you, thank you.

    ReplyDelete
  62. Gracias Dave! All the time, hard work and love of the music was, is and will be appreciated.

    ReplyDelete
  63. Thanks for everything!

    ReplyDelete
  64. Thanks Dave, you have given much to music lovers around the world, QB may have run it's course, and I suspect an era of music sharing is quickly coming to an end. You have seeded the collections of bootlegs on a grand scale, it was an investment that ensured that free trading of non-commercially released live recordings will surely take another form in the years to come. Thanks to you for your efforts, for a brief period of time you were the undisputed Shaman of bootlegs. Good luck to you and fare thee well for now.

    ReplyDelete
  65. Best blog ever! Thank you!

    Alphonse

    ReplyDelete
  66. I work for the musicians union in the UK and I can't stand the industries attitude to music blogs and "sharing" in general. I see no argument that these activities do anything other than enrich everyone's experience of music. And I know that many record label's "catalogue" department use sites just like Bootz to supplement their own research, especially in the case of their own libraries' rather lackadaisical attitude to Archive. It will be sad to see you go.. Thanks a lot...

    ReplyDelete
  67. Just want to take the opportunity to say THANK YOU, Dave. Your site was top of my list on Google Reader and every day I'm astounded that you continued to live up to the name - Quality Boots. All the best from Melbourne, Australia, and thanks for the music!

    Grant

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Just wanted to say Thank You Dave! Your work here was truly astounding. Best of luck and health for you and your family in the future. PEACE!

      Delete
  68. thanks so much, you will be sorely missed. sorry to see you go, but we all understand (although we just don't have to like it)... best of luck... keep us in mind should you have a change of heart down the road...

    ReplyDelete
  69. Thank you, Dave, from the bottom of my heart. It WAS a really wild ride and so glad to have been a part of it. I wish you all the best in the future and hope that our paths may cross again on the interwebz. Stranger things have happened after all.

    Take care, my best unknown friend...

    ReplyDelete
  70. Thanks, man.

    That's all I can say.

    ReplyDelete
  71. A sad day for certain ! But certainly understandable - how much grief can can one be expected to take...and how much work can you sit by and watch be destroyed by morons ??? A daily part of my life is about to disappear, and I don't think it can be replaced by any of the lesser sites that I have visited much less frequently. Thanks for everything you have done over the years. You will certainly be missed.

    ReplyDelete
  72. MANY THANKS FROM ARGENTINA!!KEEP ROCKING THROUGH LIFE !! \m/

    ReplyDelete
  73. Very sorry to hear this Dave, thank you very much for your fine work. You will be missed.

    ReplyDelete
  74. Dang, Dave...thanks for all the shows...especially all the Genesis and Peter Gabriel.

    ReplyDelete
  75. Thanks for all you have done Dave. All the time you have put in here over these past years has been well appreciated. Good luck in all future endeavours. later- Chuck

    ReplyDelete
  76. Damn shame. Thank You Dave for all your devoted and passionate efforts. Most will agree, QB is the best blog out there.
    All the Best - again, Thank You.

    ReplyDelete
  77. Dave you will be sorely missed. Thanks for the great ride !!

    ReplyDelete
  78. Thank YOU.
    It's been a great ride.
    I even forgive you for the Nugent ...

    Best, Spencer1

    ReplyDelete
  79. Dave,
    A dark cloud has befallen my future music collection...thanks for all you've done, QB blog was the only reason I got a RS account...I'll miss coming here ever day and refuse to go back to the ugly world of torrents. I should probably get a life anyway. God Bless you and your family.
    Mark in Texas

    ReplyDelete
  80. Thank for all your work, all your time and all your commitment to our music.
    I hope you can find a place where you can express your music in some form somewhere whether it be like this or on some place else where you can pick and choose your time and what you wish to post.
    From one who knows how hard it is to walk away, know that your will find a way back -- on your terms and in your own time.

    Those of us who are your friends will be here - waiting patiently.

    Enjoy your music and your life as it is what gives us all meaning.

    ReplyDelete
  81. We're all gonna miss you Dave. Gonna miss your effort to spread and make available QUALITY tunage! You're a good man...your Lady is a fantastic and very supportive person.

    Sorry to see it end...MAN am I sorry to see it end.

    The absolute BEST to you Dave!

    Sincerely,
    Fla-Anonymous

    ReplyDelete
  82. Thanks for all the good stuff.

    ReplyDelete
  83. Well, I guess you really mean it this time, Dave. Like a lot of other people, this site was one of the first places I went to every day. The variety and quantity of artists never ceased to amaze me. I’ve gotten so many cool shows that saying “thanks” fails to come close to expressing my gratitude. You’ve done a great service for those of us that don’t torrent. I thought (hoped) that you’d be around forever, but such is the way things go. I salute you and all the hard work you’ve put into this site! THANKS FOR EVERYTHING!!

    madman

    ReplyDelete
  84. Personally I don't think we've seen the last of Dave. His heart is into sharing music. And share once again I believe he will.

    ReplyDelete
  85. 17 Hippies

    Lazy Friends & Promises

    Phantom Songs

    Hipster Records

    ReplyDelete
  86. Thank you so much for all of your sharing. best wishes.

    ReplyDelete
  87. Dave, you're going to be missed. Thanks again for all the music over the years.

    Was the problem the RIAA or Google advertising?

    ReplyDelete
  88. Dave- thanks for everything. Your blog has always been the cleanest, crispest, easiest to read and navigate of all. Not to mention the best music. I'm crying.

    ReplyDelete
  89. Sad news indeed. If you decide to reboot the bootz, please let someone like Willards Wormholes know so the word can get out. thanks.

    ReplyDelete
  90. This is very sad news but nothing is forever.
    I went from hoping to acquire eight boots at the most, but thanks to your site, I now have well over a hundred!

    THANK YOU DAVE for running this site.

    ReplyDelete
  91. Dave...
    I have checked your blog everyday and have found so many great things!!! I hope for nothing but the best for you in the future. Thank you so much for all your hard work. I always clicked at least twice and donated a couple of times as well. I got waaaaay more than my money's worth. Take care my friend and I hope to see more of your hard work in the future. You will definitely be missed!

    ReplyDelete
  92. Dave,
    Thank you for what seemed very personal to me but was shared by so many. I was thrilled when I found your blog and amazed by what you were able to make available. Thanks for having a love of music and the ability to share it. I wish you nothing but the best life has to offer.

    Gord

    ReplyDelete
  93. thanks dave, you've made many music fans very happy with your blog. i am sorry that you're wrapping things up now, i've appreciated your little labor of love here for years. the sharing of music and good feelings are what it's all about, and you've been a great example to all of us!! best wishes...

    adam

    ReplyDelete
  94. Dave, Thanks so much for all your hard work! You will be missed!! Live tapes and bootz have been around for a long time and hardcore music freaks like us can't get enough. I always buy the official products and encourage my favorite artist to release more archival stuff. All the best and thanks for sharing.

    Angilas

    ReplyDelete
  95. The party's over

    It's time to call it a day
    They've burst your pretty balloon and taken the moon away
    Now you must wake up, all dreams must end
    Take off your makeup, the party's over
    It's all over, my friend

    It's all over, my friend


    Thanks for all of the tunes, Dave! Good luck always!!

    ReplyDelete
  96. Thank you, Dave! I know we can't know just how much work these blogs have taken over the years, but perhaps you can't know just how much it means to us.

    Again, big thanks.

    ReplyDelete
  97. THANK YOU THANK YOU THANK YOU THANK YOU !!!!!!!
    Dave that's all i can say!
    God bless you and your family and keep on rocking brother!

    ReplyDelete
  98. MERCI BEAUCOUP!
    We'll miss you.
    All the best,
    Creamrice from Toulouse, France

    ReplyDelete
  99. Oh Boy too bad, Well Thanks and luck!!!

    ReplyDelete
  100. Thanks for your labor of Love!!!

    ReplyDelete
  101. Thx Dave, you will be sorely missed. All the best!

    ReplyDelete
  102. Thank you for all your hard work Dave. It's a real accomplishment. You'll be missed.

    Lunatic217

    ReplyDelete
  103. "Good times, bad times..."

    This is a particulary saddening day, but I understand your choice. A MILLION THANKS to you Dave, for the great job you've done, for your generosity -I remember the old days when I used to buy boots, heck I spend a lot of money- and, of course, for your kindness.

    Your blog was the best one on the web, and still is, this is no bullshit.

    Enjoy your time with your familly and friends.

    All the best, see you!

    ReplyDelete
  104. This is a terribly sad sad day

    ReplyDelete
  105. Fantastic job, thanks a lot man. Enjoy life.

    ReplyDelete