Wednesday, May 9, 2012

Pink Floyd 1969-09-17 Amsterdam, Hilversum 3 broadcast, unknown gen (24bit/96kHz)

68086
not actual cover
Pink Floyd
Concertgebouw, Amsterdam, Holland
17 September 1969

Lineage: TDK Audua AD-C60 cassette > *Technics RS-B965-M > Focusrite Saffire Pro 14 > Audacity 1.3 > FLAC (24bit/96kHz)

xACT used to create FFP
*The Technics RS-B965-M is a modified deck - for details see the Tapeheads.net forum

The Man & The Journey (with edits)

Total running time 60 mins 55 secs

A raw, high resolution transfer of Kbrubaker's copy of the 1969 Hilversum 3 broadcast of this well known concert.

The recording was acquired by Kbrubaker in 1977 and appears to be from the usual taping that did the rounds before the VPRO 1997/1998 re-broadcast. I worked on this transfer as I found Kbrubaker's cassette to be notably better than other copies of the original off air-recording that I have heard (including one from a reel to reel that was said to be very low gen).

Those new to this concert should first seek out Harvested's superb quality copy of the pre-air recording. I'm offering this original broadcast for those who like to hear the DJ and feel nostalgic about the version collectors used to listen to, as I do.

As this will be just an occasional listen I chose to not split the music up into individual songs, preferring instead to leave it as single large file that can be easily altered or downsampled.

Adjustments to balance the channels were made in the analogue domain using the FSP14 and I kept the settings the same for both sides of Kbrubaker's tape.

Kbrubaker Cassette / Neonknight Tape Transfer (April 2012)

http://rapidshare.com/files/3352680939/PinFloyunknownge96.part01.rar
http://rapidshare.com/files/3475138542/PinFloyunknownge96.part02.rar
http://rapidshare.com/files/3570867888/PinFloyunknownge96.part03.rar
http://rapidshare.com/files/1344449094/PinFloyunknownge96.part04.rar
http://rapidshare.com/files/2264725718/PinFloyunknownge96.part05.rar
http://rapidshare.com/files/3990211599/PinFloyunknownge96.part06.rar
http://rapidshare.com/files/780585977/PinFloyunknownge96.part07.rar
http://rapidshare.com/files/2636788343/PinFloyunknownge96.part08.rar
http://rapidshare.com/files/2038840748/PinFloyunknownge96.part09.rar
http://rapidshare.com/files/1259689781/PinFloyunknownge96.part10.rar
http://rapidshare.com/files/246231663/PinFloyunknownge96.part11.rar
http://rapidshare.com/files/139096552/PinFloyunknownge96.part12.rar
http://rapidshare.com/files/1476648550/PinFloyunknownge96.part13.rar
http://rapidshare.com/files/1316881361/PinFloyunknownge96.part14.rar
http://rapidshare.com/files/1687461289/PinFloyunknownge96.part15.rar
http://rapidshare.com/files/1505673260/PinFloyunknownge96.part16.rar

http://filepost.com/files/2fbmf6ae/PinFloyunknownge96.part01.rar
http://filepost.com/files/89b51a7c/PinFloyunknownge96.part02.rar
http://filepost.com/files/f49cf7c2/PinFloyunknownge96.part03.rar
http://filepost.com/files/ab771f4a/PinFloyunknownge96.part04.rar
http://filepost.com/files/11abc974/PinFloyunknownge96.part05.rar
http://filepost.com/files/88bfm9b3/PinFloyunknownge96.part06.rar
http://filepost.com/files/a96fa813/PinFloyunknownge96.part07.rar
http://filepost.com/files/66c3c5e3/PinFloyunknownge96.part08.rar
http://filepost.com/files/a7m752e4/PinFloyunknownge96.part09.rar
http://filepost.com/files/da448e76/PinFloyunknownge96.part10.rar
http://filepost.com/files/13bd669f/PinFloyunknownge96.part11.rar
http://filepost.com/files/7d35657c/PinFloyunknownge96.part12.rar
http://filepost.com/files/3896dea5/PinFloyunknownge96.part13.rar
http://filepost.com/files/639c7d31/PinFloyunknownge96.part14.rar
http://filepost.com/files/md7edc4a/PinFloyunknownge96.part15.rar
http://filepost.com/files/35bd1me6/PinFloyunknownge96.part16.rar


Comments welcome.

1 comment: