I am attempting to get reinstated in Google's Ad program. This may require one more address change for the blog.
If this effort doesn't work then I am probably going to "call it a day" so to speak.
What started out as a little hobby has grown into a two-three hour a day effort.
I continue to appreciate your kindness, encouragement and willingness to contribute in a variety of ways.
Stay close this month for further updates.
-dave
PS Special thanks this month to
Gunter M.
Mark B.
Gregg I.

Dave,
ReplyDeleteif this really happens, it will be a very sad day...
I'd understand your reasons anyway.
And I'd like to say that you change somehow the life of many people, giving them back the joy of listening to great music.
Thanks for what you've already done and I hope we'll be still here chatting about music and live shows in a year from now (and more...).
Andrew
Yes I agree a very sad day indeed! But I can understand all the problems you have to face, Dave. Whatever you decide, wish you the best and thanks for everythig Dave!
ReplyDeleteMuch appreciation for what must often be more than two or three hours work. You covered a wide variety, and it's fun sampling things you might not have otherwise considered, realizing your excellent taste must have something good in store. Try to hang in, even on a more limited basis.
ReplyDeleteJohnno
Hopefully it won't be the end, and in the end, "they" won't win. Either way, thanks for everything.
ReplyDeleteHere's a quick question too. What's creating the issue that seems to be going on with a few other blogs too? Is it too many hits on the site, someone complaining, or anything you can explain Dave? I'd like to avoid future problems on my blog as I start/continue building it. Do you have any advice?
Hopefully; we'll still be seeing and talking with ya here (or elsewhere)...
Hope you keep going Dave, your work and effort is appreciated so much by me and many others visiting your site.
ReplyDeleteWhatever happens stay healthy and many thanks for all you have done
cheers phil
Good questions Bootradr. Maybe Dave can explain things in a little more detail. But I have another question. Why is it necessary to depend on Google to keep a blog going? Can't it be done without them?
ReplyDeleteDave, I can't image the NET without your extra music. Hold on!
ReplyDeletemusicHunter
Can you continue with more financial support from site visitors? If so,I'll help you push the info and maybe get more people to support you and the effort you make each day. I think people would rather pay a little for this stuff than have it go away. Thanks again for all you do Dave,GI
ReplyDeleteIt's a shame you feel the need to have to reap a small return from the ads to continue the blog. I am sure if you scaled back your uploads to set aside more time for other activities no one would complain. As it is, the file hosts suck now so keeping up with your uploads is more difficult for those with free accounts.
ReplyDeleteYou have uploaded a lot, which should be commended. It is a hobby, not a job. Remember that.
He probably asks for the return from the ads for keeping his premium file uploading accounts online.
DeleteHi Dave, I have been a regular follower of this blog since you began. I think that you posted a huge amount of stuff, so you can slow down a little bit and save time for yourself and your family, no one will complain.
ReplyDeleteIf you need economic help to continue, there are many of us out there who will be happy to contribute. So do not hesitate to ask !!!!
Dave,
ReplyDeleteI check your site every day. You've been a rock star yourself for all that you do for us live music junkies. I hope you can stick around but if not, you have my deepest heartfelt thanks.
P.S. If you do call it a day, how about unleashing the fury so to speak and hit us with some of the best stuff you've got in your vault. You must have a few gems in your private stash.
UNLEASH THE FURY, DAVE!!!
ReplyDeleteWhat a sad news Dave!
ReplyDeleteI'm 51; you and others like you gave me a new pleasure in listening to my music (especially that of the magic seventies): the power of live performance!
Maybe this is just another season of our life going by: I hope not disappear!
Thanks for all Dave.
Dave - Even if you cut back the posts a lot, I hope you can find a way to keep it up. I'm a music blogger, and I usually post just once per week!
ReplyDeleteDear Dave,
ReplyDeleteI check your blog every day, since a long time ago, and you have made my day so many times (especially with the Floyd booties)... even if you stop there, you filled my ears and my heart enough for a lifetime!
Thank you so much Dave, you made us, live music and outtakes lovers, so happy.
Dave , you have a great blog and we know a lot of work goes into maintaining it for our musical pleasure. Please don't 'quit' on us. Hopefully another change might just do the trick. keep us advised. And THANKS a lot for everything.
ReplyDeleteDavid,
ReplyDeleteBeing a huge zeppelin fan I really appriciate all you have done to expand my music collection.. Maybe you could cut back maybe 50% and still have a life. Anyway I will miss it alot.. Thanks David from Mass
Dear Dave,
ReplyDeletePlease don't call it a day your site makes my day.
What....??? Am I in the right place?
ReplyDeleteHey Dave,
ReplyDeleteI understand how this has really kind of consumed your life (to a degree)...so on that note, I fully understand if the end is near. It will be a very sad day indeed. This site has proven to be THE authoritative source for no-kidding-QUALITY-Boots!
I will miss you and your efforts terribly.
Stay frosty...and I'll continue to pull for ya to stay above water.
Best,
Fla-Anonymous
Dave,
ReplyDeleteThis is sad news indeed if it does not work out. We certainly appreciate all of the work you have been putting over the years. It is really great that you keep us all up to date and have not just decided to walk away. That being said, once something that is a fun hobby turns into a task you should do what is best. I'm sure there are many of us who still have a backlog of things we still have yet to listen to. Anyway, all the best. Hope that this all works out in a way that is best for you.
Peter
There are many great things about this site.
ReplyDeleteThe ones that I appreciate the most are;
1.No hassle direct downloads from RS.
2.The massive choice of material.
3.The excellent quality of the material.
4.The continual availability of the material.
5.The thrill of what I will discover each day.
But!!
Nothing in life stays the same. Everything around us is continually changing and we have to accept that.
Sometimes things we do for fun and enjoyment are no longer such a high priority. What was fun and exciting 5 years ago can turn into a pain in the arse.
We get married, have children who have children,move houses,jobs, etc.
I accept that Dave may want to move on and relax for a bit and enjoy himself without having to upload x number of posts per day.
I can understand that and wish him the very best.
I can also appreciate the massive amount of work he has put into maintaining this site at the extremely high level of professionalism we see every day for the past 5 years or so.
So I say thanks Dave, and all the best to you and your family for the future...Put you feet up and enjoy yourself for a change..
Cheerio
Hi Dave,
ReplyDeletethank you for sharing so much music on your
blog over the years. Outstanding. I don't
want to tell you what to do, but if the blog
is becoming more work than fun, I'd go with
the obvious choice. Me, I sort of stopped
taking part in weeds and vines a few
years back when internet sharing become
common. Weeds/vines got to be a hassle and not so much fun, so I cut way back. My DSL line is only 180 kB so downloads are a bit slow, but still I've downloaded more than I'll
ever listen to from your blog (and some others). Ditto for buying official CDs,
BTW.
If you do decide to carry on, I have what
I believe are a few worthy items you might
want to consider sharing on your blog. It'd
be a lot easier for me to snail-mail you a
DVD with flac files than to upload over the
internet (but if that's a hassle for you then
forget it). Thin Lizzy, Gary Moore, and
maybe some David Bowie and Jimi Hendrix.
Stuff I've not seen on yours or other blogs, but no previously uncirculated or hoarded sources. Just rare items or upgrades or significant remasters of more common items.
If interested, I can be contacted at hannon
at umbc dot edu.
Again, thanks, and take care.
Scott Hannon.
2-3 hours a day? You're insane!
ReplyDeleteThanks, but if you drop all the easy-listening stuff on here (i.e. Pink Floyd), you can still do this and please the rockers and cut your time down to about 30 min a day.
Hi,
ReplyDeleteYou have given plenty I'm sure...
THANK YOU.
Maybe instead on putting up EVERYTHING; you could concentrate on quality like SOUNDBOARDS AND EX+++AUD Only - that way you'll have more time, yet you will still have the most killer site on the web for bootz...
I'm sorry but I LOVE PINK FLOYD boots.
T. U. B. E. goes down and now this. A sad week for music collectors. Running a blog can take up a lot of time. Mine was nothing compared to this one and I had to stop due to the amount of time it took away from my family. The good news is the work that has been done can stay up on line for quite some time. Well if this is the end, you did it well and were one of the best music sites on the web. Thanks, and job well done!
ReplyDeleteI t would be a great loos if you stopped completely dave
ReplyDeletePlease consider perhaps one or two posts per week
All the very best
AnchovyArchives
we are attentive to your blog and we are following with interest.
ReplyDeleteI am a big fan of your blog because I found great rarities that are important to me.
thank you for working so hard for music.
Bluesmanthony
Dave, good luck. You'd be missed!
ReplyDeleteDave, thank you for your great efforts......
ReplyDelete@AZ find T.U.B.E. here....
http://theultimatebootlegexperience5.blogspot.ca
Hi Dave,
ReplyDeleteThere have been many time while visiting your blog I have wondered how many hours and dollars of your own money you put into your wonderful collection. You have shared so much with all of us we can never show how much we appreciate you. I have seen the pictures of yoyr family and anyone with a family can understand you wanting to spend more time with them. We all will understand if you decide to quit but you will be sorely missed. Best of luck in whatever path you decide to go down.
Dave, your blog is the best. I know it is hard to do all that you do for it, and keep it so stocked with great music.
ReplyDeleteI have nothing but appreciation and gratefulness for what you do. I hope you are able to find a way to make it work. Either way, I support your choice - and know that you regularly keep us rockin' every single day!!
Cheers Dave!!
- Leon
Dave,
ReplyDeleteYou don't know me from Adam, but I check your blog regularly (and click on all the ads, FWIW) and my RoIO collection has benefited tremendously from your efforts. Best wishes whatever you end up deciding to do.
Dave,
ReplyDeleteI second the emotion of the above commenters. I wish I could tell you in person the joy your musical generosity has brought me. Long may you run...and thank you dammit!
Andy
Dave, if the blog goes away, you could always go back to posting at G101, even if it was one a day. Over the years, I've learned not to trust a lot that comes from the lossless forum, unless I know the poster. Such would be the case with you.
ReplyDeleteHope you can continue Dave! If not, thanks so much for posting so much great stuff. I'm a huge Floyd fan, but had only heard one boot before I found your site (Dark Side Wembley '74 which I found in a second hand shop). I started with your Floyd Top Ten, and my interest grew from there.
ReplyDeleteI agree with the other posters - maybe cut down to a single post a day (or week!)... my advise would be to just enjoy your life! You only get one - and you don't have to answer to anyone on how you choose to live it!
I hope you will be able to carry on, because it has been an unbelievable run. If it has run its course, though, if it no longer feels worth it to you, or if it is making the rest of your life unmanageable, the lovers of your blog will understand. We would be sad to see you go, but because of your amazing efforts, we probably all have a backlog of stuff we haven't even listened to once. We could get a chance to catch up.
ReplyDeleteI think you set a record for most posts in one day today. Thanks, Dave!