It's a pity to hear that, Dave. But thanks a bunch for all your efforts in the past, present, future. Thanks to you, my Floyd collection has gone beyound any limits.
aahh dude...Dave... Why not just take a sabbatical for a month? And see how you feel then. You've put a lot of work into this blog and obviously you enjoy turning people onto good music most haven't heard before. Many people are gonna be bummed if you do this. Will you accept money? Dave... talk to us.
I want to put up 1000 sad-face emoticons...but everyone would hate that. Its been 'real' as they say. Not a day goes by (or should I say 'Goes B_Y_E?') that i don't hit your link within my 1st 1/2-dozen clicks...
Not a week goes by I don't post something...
Then again...how many 'Reunion concerts' has Barbara Streisand had?
Just to save us all the trouble, can you please post the projected date of the 1st of your forthcoming Reunion concerts?
I'm sorry you will no longer be continuing this blog. You have provided me with many concerts and studio outtakes from bands that I love and would not have otherwise had access to. Take care.
Sad to hear Dave. I appreciate your efforts and hope you decide to start up again.Best wishes to you,you family and your future! Be well and thanks for all the great music!:) :) :( :( :( :( :(.... Peace,Gregg
Also sorry to hear that you'll be calling it a day...have enjoyed some fabulous stuff from some of my fave artists thanks to your hard work and generosity....really appreciate all of your efforts I wish you well..... Thanks again, Alex
Oh man, your leaving?! I'm so sorry to hear that, thankyou so much for all your brilliance and help, for taking the time and taking a lot of rubbish too, many thanks, all the best for the future Dave...
A great big thank you for all the music. I still can't believe all of the work that you put into these blogs. Like many of these folks, this was not just about the music as I read most of the posts, even for stuff I knew I wouldn't grab. This was always one of the sites I checked out every day just to see what was going on. If there is anything that can be done to help please let me know. If this is a time for you to move on, then blessings for all that you have done. Thanks Dave.
It seems there is no limit to the lengths these goons will go to in order to wreck our fun. after targeting the filehosts and failing to kill an idea it seems it is now the turn of the bloggers. Obviously an attempt to kill a culture at source. Hopefully the files will remain upped for a while so those of us who have made provision for a worst case scenario can catch up. I know i'm a few weeks behind (as always) Anyway Dave, go well, take care, be happy in your life and know you have done a good thing which has brought lots os joy to lots of us
After your post of last week I feared that it would come to this. However we must each run our own race in life & I (nor should anyone here) fault you for a decision that we really know nothing about. You have my deepest & most sincere thanks for not only the concerts of the bands that I already love, but also the exposure to those who have also become favorites. If this truly is the end then I wish nothing but blue skies, fair winds & smooth seas on your, Mrs QB, & any & all Jr Qb's journey through life. Not many people can claim to have touched so many people in a positive way the way that you have these past few years. Congrats & thank you.
That said, a quick story. These past few years I've had a lot of physical challenges. It took a while for the reality to sink through my thick, proud head that I couldn't do everything that I used to be able to & that like it or not (not) I needed to ask for help. The beautiful thing was, people wanted to help but they didn't know how to ask or offer. I have a feeling that you're in a similar situation here. You don't want to ask for help but the reality is that you can't continue as is either. Time is a big issue & I'm sure that few would complain of a drastically reduced offering every week. That is easily taken care of. Nor for the big issue, money. I'm sure that it is quite expensive (on a personal level) to keep the RS monster fed on a monthly basis to keep your archives intact. If this is the big stumbling block, please ask for help, people are generally good & do want to help - they just have to know how. I realize that you can't (nor should you) charge people for these, but asking for specific donations to keep the archives intact isn't out of line. Something to think about anyway. If not, again my deepest thanks for your tremendous amount of work over the years & all you have done to preserve these musical gems for future generations.
As with everyone else, I want to thank you for all your hard work, cry a little bit, and hope that some day you might decide to get back into posting (especially if the goons can be thwarted).
Here's hoping you always have great live music in your life!
Dave, first and most important, a huge THANK YOU for everything you've done. Words are not enough! Second, wouldn't you consider something similar to what Dr.Forrester has done? I mean a "subscription only" blog for well tested friends? JuAdCo is gone too, by the Doc is still there. Just a suggestion... Also, is there's any way to get in touch with you and trade something privately? Just asking.. Anyway, all the best to you and to your family. And thanks again. Andrew
Hey, qu'est-ce qu'on va faire maintenant sans toi ???!!! :o( Tu vas nous manquer, un grand merci à toi pour tout ce boulot, mais tu as raison, la vie avant tout :o) bye !
For the past 2 years or so I had the delight to enjoy your blog. Sad to hear it's arrived to the end. Thanks for the time and effort you've dedicated to build this great place.
Very sad news. Your passion for music was reflected by the high standard of your posts. I hope you know how much we appreciate what you have done and how much you will be missed. Live long and prosper.
These are really sad news and I wish there would be another way to keep this thing going. I can't imagine a day without a visit at your blog.
Thank you so much for all your effort and generosity. So many times I had to smile when I found another great concert. You gave my memories a save harbor.
Greetings from Germany and all the best for your future!
Thanks for everything, Dave. You've helped me so much to build my music collection. I can never express in words the gratitude I have, and the respect I've developed for you, after getting to know you.
But like I said a few days ago, I hope the desire to share outweighs everything else. That desire to share goes back long before computers and digital transfers. Back to the days of vinyl, reel-to-reel and cassettes. Back to the days when sharing was done without thought of money. It was driven solely by a love of sharing with friends and fellow collectors.
So if that desire to share is still with you, and if you want, there's always G101, like you used to do before you started this blog. It's my hope that desire hasn't gone away, and we see your posts over there from time to time. If not, and you just don't want to fool with it anymore, I'll understand, and again, say thanks.
It's not the material loss: it's the "soul" of your blog we lose; it's the melancholy of "turning back time" we are mourning. Now, where do we go from here? I don't know and, maybe, I don't care. Ciao Dave, good friend, and goodbye to all of you guys.
I'm so sad to read this. Thank you so very much for vastly expanding my live music collection and also for letting me share my boot collection with you and everyone else here.
Good luck with your future endeavors. God bless you and your family. You have my email, please keep in touch from once in a while now that you've got some extra free time.
Dear Dave, As a military history guy, I'm thinking strategy and tactics, and the "delaying tactic" is always a possibility. A while ago we had a little misunderstanding. I went on Internet Archive and found a fIREHOSE show I didn't have. I downloaded it, and because it was not labeled, I went through, figured out the set list, and posted it. When it showed up on QB, I pointed out that I labeled it, and asked for some Scrawl. You said you'd be glad to find some Scrawl, but that it was already labeled. It was kind of a Catch- 22. But, Dave, the fact remains, I never got my Scrawl. Penultimate, penta- penultimate, terra ultimate, non- ultimate... Take your time, take a few weeks off, maybe set up a once a week in advance, like you've done for vacations, and include one Scrawl gig. Oh, please Dave.GFS or in the alternative "DABDA"... D (denial)- No way, Dave would never shut down QB, A (anger)- "Kids, no TV tonight, I'm angry that Dave shut down QB", B (bargaining)- Dave, I'll be a better person, be more helpful to my wife, and pay it forward more, if you'll shift to an occasional pattern, D (depression)- Oh, what's the point, I'll just sit around and eat potato chips and watch another Stalingrad video ("The Kessel"), and finally A (acceptance)- Dave you've done plenty to spread quality music education and deserve to do whatever pleases you.GFS
[HAL's shutdown] HAL: I'm afraid. I'm afraid, Dave. Dave, my mind is going. I can feel it. I can feel it. My mind is going. There is no question about it. I can feel it. I can feel it. I can feel it. I'm a... fraid. Good afternoon, gentlemen. I am a HAL 9000 computer. I became operational at the H.A.L. plant in Urbana, Illinois on the 12th of January 1992. My instructor was Mr. Langley, and he taught me to sing a song. If you'd like to hear it I can sing it for you. Dave Bowman: Yes, I'd like to hear it, HAL. Sing it for me. HAL: It's called "Daisy." [sings while slowing down] HAL: Daisy, Daisy, give me your answer do. I'm half crazy all for the love of you. It won't be a stylish marriage, I can't afford a carriage. But you'll look sweet upon the seat of a bicycle built for two.
Sorry to hear that you are stopping. This was always the first place I went to when I logged on. Thanks for all of the great music. My library has doubled...mostly thanks to you Dave. Take Care Bruce from Holland
I've always held the belief that trading/posting/sharing music – whether it be on cassette tapes privately, as I used to do in the eighties and nineties, or these days using the internet – had both pros and cons: yes, as they say, we might deprive the artists of 'income' and profits (that only applies to officially material, which otherwise would be purchased in record stores). On the other hand, artists might profit from having their (live) stuff freely shared amongst fans and people yet to be exposed to their music. If I speak for myself, I have discovered dozens of bands and artists, some of them so obscure I would NEVER have stumbled upon their records in a record store, simply because no record dealer would be interested in investing in stocks of these lps or cds. Thanks to enthusiastic collectors and MUSIC LOVERS all over the world, like yourself, I learned about such bands and their beautiful music.
There's a positive and a negative side to this music trading/sharing. Yes, uploading officially released material should be considered wrong (I've seen entire box sets out there online, freshly released, freely available for download). But I firmly believe that bootlegs or live recordings do have their value. Maybe some artists might object to having a weak concert recording out there on a non- or semi-legal cd. Yes, their little egos might get hurt. But on the other hand, think of the legions of fans, collectors and music lovers who really like that recording, and that chances are these fans might walk into the record store one day and buy some of that band's legal stuff. Without the 'forbidden' sharing that preceded their purchase, that might never have happened.
Pity to hear that this great blog will be no more. I wish you all the best, Dave. To the people who caused this, I say: R.I.P. > Rest In Piss. (Rock music always was and will always be about provocation, right?)
I'm very sorry to see your blog end Dave. The amount of work you put in to it is fantastic and says a lot about your love of music. I like many others will be forever grateful to you. I now feel a bit guilty about asking for re-ups I now realize time was just not on your side for them while maintaining fresh stuff on the blog. This is a sad time for music lover on the web! Best Wishes
I will miss this blog, Dave. Ever since I found it about 18 months ago, I have come around almost every day. It works out nicely that my rapidshare subscription just ran out, I suppose, because I almost never used it for anything other than stuff I found here.
I will never forget this blog, and will listen to music I have found here for the rest of my life. Many, many thanks. Good luck to you.
Can I still download shows already on the sites or do they all go away now? Sorry to see you end, I DO buy the officially released product and would buy more if they would release the content. Sharing the files that you do is just wonderful for a fan like myself. So many good performances that will probably end up lost so that no one enjoys them. I don't see how this helps anyone, artist or fan, but I guess that's the business end of art. Good luck to you and a sincere thanks for your efforts.
Oh Dave,I Pray You Change Your Decision Cause It s Very Very Sad News For All Of Us Who Visited Daily Your Fantastic Blog Till Today. God Bless You Anyway For All Your Sharings My Friend,'Your Soul Is Saved' ! Lastly,If It s Only A Matter Of Money To Continue And You Can t Afford It Anymore,I m Sure There s Many Of Us Who Can Help Only If You Ask For It. All For One And One For For All. Huge Thanks Take Care.
Hey Dave, thanks for all you did, many, many thanks, I'll miss you, 'cause every day I visited your site and enjoyed it all so much. You'd helped to hear 'n' find so much fine and great Live-Music, thru' all the years; how great and how hard your work was, I'll never forget. Bye, bye and all the best for you! Long live Rock 'n' Roll, long live the boots and also you.
Bummer! Well, thanks for the ride Dave. It's been a great few years and I hope (and doubt it will) this blog's ending doesn't affect your love of the music. I'm hoping we'll see you around on some other forums in the future. I can't thank you enough for your dedication to your blog and all of us who have used it for so long. Take care...
Thank you so very much Dave for all of the time and effort you put into the many incarnations of this blog making QB simply the best of the best out there. There is not now nor will there ever be a better blog for music. Yours is the only place I visit each and every day and I am always amazed at what I find to add to my ever growing collection.
I have been a life long fan of prog rock as well as jazz rock fusion and your blog has been my number one place to go to acquire some wonderful performances of some of my favorite artists as well as many artists I knew nothing about before you introduced them to me and for that I thank you from the bottom of my heart.
It's sad that this must come to an end but the music will never end. I have so much music from here that I have yet to have the chance to listen to so even though I will no longer get to add anything new from here to the collection I have so much stored to be burned to CD for probably many more years to come.
Thank you so much for everything that you have done for all of the music lovers like myself out there and I wish you and your family the very very best for the future. Good luck with all of your endeavors...YOU ROCK!!!
Dave, I'm very grateful for all the good the music and good vibes you posted. I will miss you and your incredible blog! Best wishes to you and your family, Quqiuestone
Thank you for your countless hours of work to share such a wealth of unreleased music with the world. Best in all your future endeavors...you've more than earned some time off!!
I haven't been this bummed out in a long time. I am sure if you were able to continue you would. I am kind of curious why since your uploads are all totally legal. Regardless, thank you for the immense wealth of music. I would have never even heard of some of the artists you post or purchased any of their albums if not for your efforts. Thanks again for everything. You're the best.
I have been a regular of your blogs for a while, Dave. Thanks for all your effort. I'm an audiophile and absolutely love music. Your posts have brought my tastes to completely new heights.
Merci Dave pour ce boulot fantastique que tu as fait avec ces milliers de bootlegs postés pour notre plus grand bonheur mais toute à une fin comme on dit, allez bonne continuation et je te souhaite plein de choses positives pour la suite. Christophe from France.
Many thanks for sharing all your great work (and everybody else who contributed) - hope you come back at some stage - and maybe slow down to a weekly update of 1 or 2 at a time!!
And so comes the end of an era. One can only hope another blogger will come forward with the same enthusiasm, perseverance, and bravely eclectic taste. Thanks for the years (my, it has been that long!)
Found you via a 20 disc Cream post, stuck with you for everything else! Enjoy the retirement!
For those of us who aren't connected with a torrent site, this blog has been something of a godsend. I'm sorry to read it is finally coming to end. But I can appreciate the time and commitment you've put into it these past years. Thanks to you, I've had the opportunity to download some great live music that I will continue to enjoy for years to come.
I offer you my gratitude and respect for your decision.
I, too, have come to regard this blog as an essential resource, and I'll miss the dependable daily influx of interesting music. Like many others who've already written above, I frequently grabbed a show here that I might have passed over otherwise and been grateful that I did.
Thank you for the huge wealth of music you've brought to my ears. If and when future circumstances permit you to return to blogging, I will be here waiting.
Dave, you have no idea how much this blog has become a morning routine/ritual for me over the last 2 years or so. Every morning before I head out the door for work or weekend errands, I always check your posts right along with my emails. Thanks for all the hard work. My music collection has grown worlds beyond because of you.
All has been said above and better than I ever could. Your blog will be missed. You have expanded my musical horizon and deepened my music collection. Thank you. Enjoy your well deserved rest. But if support is needed monetary or otherwise I am there. Good luck in your future. Good health to you and your family.
Dave, all I can say is THANK YOU very, very much for your great service during all these years. I'll miss your great posts, but still I understand your decision.
Best wishes to you and your family from Italy. Cesare.
Bummer, but thanks for the memories Dave! Your Floyd boots have expanded my love for a band I'll never see live 1000 fold (I have seen Roger live, but that's not quite the same ;) My final boot that I got here was the Bryan Ferry demos... a fine way to finish. It's been a great ride - cheers mate! I'll drink a toast to you tonight!!!
Dave: well, me being the last to know, always, I did not catch the current controversy till today, Tuesday. I think it is very classy and very humble the way you posted the bad news, no self pity, no hateful rant. You were the first thing I looked at each day, like Christmas every day of the year. When I go to my B2 bookmark, and there is no QB, it will be quite literally a friend dying. Course, I've had two of those in the past five years, so I guess that comes with (old) age. Best of luck in whatever you do, and thanks for everything you have done.
Dave: Muchas gracias por todo el trabajo que entregaste durante estos años. Te agradezco también por haber aumentado mi cultura musical y por ser una gran ayuda para conocer nuevas bandas y estilos musicales. Un gran abrazo, mucha suerte y que te vaya muy bien.
Dave.....this time I think you've decided the destiny of QB. If this is indeed the future then I thank you from the bottom of my heart for the work you have done here and enjoyment you have passed on with your blog. You will be sadly missed my friend. All the very best, John
It has been a real thrill and treat to be a part of your hard work. We will all miss our daily friend. Best of luck on all your future activities. Live to enjoy life.
On this blog you will find unofficial (commercially unreleased) recordings from a large variety of artists.
I am mostly a late 60's to early 80's kind of guy but I will post a huge variety due to YOUR interests and not necessarily my own.
I hope that you enjoy stopping by every single day.
My endeavor is to post 5-7 boots every day/seven days a week.
I'm very sorry to hear that...
ReplyDeleteWe'll miss you Dave.
I cannot express my gratitude to all your efforts and uploads. I'll imply say: Thank you.
Salud y saludos.
Néstor P.
México.
It's a pity to hear that, Dave. But thanks a bunch for all your efforts in the past, present, future. Thanks to you, my Floyd collection has gone beyound any limits.
ReplyDeleteCheers
Thomas
aahh dude...Dave... Why not just take a sabbatical for a month? And see how you feel then. You've put a lot of work into this blog and obviously you enjoy turning people onto good music most haven't heard before. Many people are gonna be bummed if you do this. Will you accept money? Dave... talk to us.
ReplyDelete5/7/12
ReplyDeleteDave/QB,
I want to put up 1000 sad-face emoticons...but everyone would hate that.
Its been 'real' as they say.
Not a day goes by (or should I say 'Goes B_Y_E?') that i don't hit your link within my 1st 1/2-dozen clicks...
Not a week goes by I don't post something...
Then again...how many 'Reunion concerts' has Barbara Streisand had?
Just to save us all the trouble, can you please post the projected date of the 1st of your forthcoming Reunion concerts?
Bye,my friend
eric
(ps: email anytime you want!)
Dave,
ReplyDeleteI'm sorry you will no longer be continuing this blog. You have provided me with many concerts and studio outtakes from bands that I love and would not have otherwise had access to. Take care.
Thank you,
ntmp
Sad to hear Dave. I appreciate your efforts and hope you decide to start up again.Best wishes to you,you family and your future! Be well and thanks for all the great music!:) :) :( :( :( :( :(.... Peace,Gregg
ReplyDeleteSo sorry to read this, thanks for all of the great music you have posted for us. Your years of hard work are appreciated.
ReplyDeleteTim
Hello Dave,
ReplyDeleteAlas, all things must change. Thanks so much for the few years (wow!) of great music.
I had given up looking for a lot of recordings I wanted, and then I found your site.
Thank you so very much!
Best wishes on your journey - if I could, I'd make your fondest dream come true...
Farewell,
WR
Also sorry to hear that you'll be calling it a day...have enjoyed some fabulous stuff from some of my fave artists thanks to your hard work and generosity....really appreciate all of your efforts
ReplyDeleteI wish you well.....
Thanks again, Alex
The end of an era, in a way. So sorry to see you go. Many thanks for all your hard work and generosity.
ReplyDeleteawww, man. selfishly, i am very bummed.
ReplyDeletesincere thanks for everything, dave. your work was very much appreciated.
Thank you for everything. Your posts was very apreciated. This is to bad.
ReplyDeleteOh man, your leaving?! I'm so sorry to hear that, thankyou so much for all your brilliance and help, for taking the time and taking a lot of rubbish too, many thanks, all the best for the future Dave...
ReplyDeleteHi Dave,
ReplyDeleteSo sorry it has come to this but I suppose it is a case of 'all good things must come to end'.
Many, many thanks for all the wonderful music you have provided for me and your many fans over the years.
All good wishes to you and your long suffering wife and family. May you have a long and well deserved 'retirement'!!
Geoff
A great big thank you for all the music. I still can't believe all of the work that you put into these blogs. Like many of these folks, this was not just about the music as I read most of the posts, even for stuff I knew I wouldn't grab. This was always one of the sites I checked out every day just to see what was going on. If there is anything that can be done to help please let me know. If this is a time for you to move on, then blessings for all that you have done. Thanks Dave.
ReplyDeleteThomas in SC
Hello Dave,
ReplyDeleteThank you for the music. We will miss you.
Best wishes to you and your family.
It seems there is no limit to the lengths these goons will go to in order to wreck our fun. after targeting the filehosts and failing to kill an idea it seems it is now the turn of the bloggers. Obviously an attempt to kill a culture at source.
ReplyDeleteHopefully the files will remain upped for a while so those of us who have made provision for a worst case scenario can catch up. I know i'm a few weeks behind (as always)
Anyway Dave, go well, take care, be happy in your life and know you have done a good thing which has brought lots os joy to lots of us
Big thanks as always (and forever)
After your post of last week I feared that it would come to this. However we must each run our own race in life & I (nor should anyone here) fault you for a decision that we really know nothing about. You have my deepest & most sincere thanks for not only the concerts of the bands that I already love, but also the exposure to those who have also become favorites. If this truly is the end then I wish nothing but blue skies, fair winds & smooth seas on your, Mrs QB, & any & all Jr Qb's journey through life. Not many people can claim to have touched so many people in a positive way the way that you have these past few years. Congrats & thank you.
ReplyDeleteThat said, a quick story. These past few years I've had a lot of physical challenges. It took a while for the reality to sink through my thick, proud head that I couldn't do everything that I used to be able to & that like it or not (not) I needed to ask for help. The beautiful thing was, people wanted to help but they didn't know how to ask or offer. I have a feeling that you're in a similar situation here. You don't want to ask for help but the reality is that you can't continue as is either. Time is a big issue & I'm sure that few would complain of a drastically reduced offering every week. That is easily taken care of. Nor for the big issue, money. I'm sure that it is quite expensive (on a personal level) to keep the RS monster fed on a monthly basis to keep your archives intact. If this is the big stumbling block, please ask for help, people are generally good & do want to help - they just have to know how. I realize that you can't (nor should you) charge people for these, but asking for specific donations to keep the archives intact isn't out of line. Something to think about anyway. If not, again my deepest thanks for your tremendous amount of work over the years & all you have done to preserve these musical gems for future generations.
Dave,
ReplyDeleteAs with everyone else, I want to thank you for all your hard work, cry a little bit, and hope that some day you might decide to get back into posting (especially if the goons can be thwarted).
Here's hoping you always have great live music in your life!
Dave,
ReplyDeletefirst and most important, a huge THANK YOU for everything you've done. Words are not enough!
Second, wouldn't you consider something similar to what Dr.Forrester has done?
I mean a "subscription only" blog for well tested friends?
JuAdCo is gone too, by the Doc is still there.
Just a suggestion...
Also, is there's any way to get in touch with you and trade something privately? Just asking..
Anyway, all the best to you and to your family. And thanks again.
Andrew
Hi Dave,
ReplyDeletesad to read this. Many thanks for all your work and all the best for you and yours in the future. Hope you will be back anytime......
Hey, qu'est-ce qu'on va faire maintenant sans toi ???!!! :o(
ReplyDeleteTu vas nous manquer, un grand merci à toi pour tout ce boulot, mais tu as raison, la vie avant tout :o)
bye !
For the past 2 years or so I had the delight to enjoy your blog.
ReplyDeleteSad to hear it's arrived to the end.
Thanks for the time and effort you've dedicated to build this great place.
Andy
The best things have to come to an end too...
ReplyDelete"So long, and thanks for all the fish!"
:(
Very sad news. Your passion for music was reflected by the high standard of your posts. I hope you know how much we appreciate what you have done and how much you will be missed. Live long and prosper.
ReplyDeleteThanks for a lot of music and good times
ReplyDeleteThank you very much for you efforts in the past! Checking your blog was one of the highlights of my day.
ReplyDeleteWe won't forget your dedication to the music!
Thanks again and best wishes from Germany !
Good luck,
Lars
Hey Dave,
ReplyDeleteThanks for sharing the wealth and doing it so well. My daily internet 'rounds' will never be the same. All the best to you and yours.
Big Love,
Another guy named 'Dave'
Hey Dave,
ReplyDeleteThanks for sharing the wealth and doing it about as good as could be hoped for. My best to you and yours.
Big Love,
another guy named 'Dave'
my deepest & most sincere thanks for all your efforts , We shall miss you . Take care
ReplyDeleteThese are really sad news and I wish there would be another way to keep this thing going. I can't imagine a day without a visit at your blog.
ReplyDeleteThank you so much for all your effort and generosity. So many times I had to smile when I found another great concert. You gave my memories a save harbor.
Greetings from Germany and all the best for your future!
Just want to thank YOU for all You've done for so many. I hope to see You in a comeback asap.
ReplyDelete"Faith Will Be Rewarded"
Big thanks from a Boss fan who will surely miss my daily visit on Your blog.
All the best to You & Yours.
"Chevy369"
Thank you so very much for everything.
ReplyDeletecheers phil
Thanks for everything, Dave. You've helped me so much to build my music collection. I can never express in words the gratitude I have, and the respect I've developed for you, after getting to know you.
ReplyDeleteBut like I said a few days ago, I hope the desire to share outweighs everything else. That desire to share goes back long before computers and digital transfers. Back to the days of vinyl, reel-to-reel and cassettes. Back to the days when sharing was done without thought of money. It was driven solely by a love of sharing with friends and fellow collectors.
So if that desire to share is still with you, and if you want, there's always G101, like you used to do before you started this blog. It's my hope that desire hasn't gone away, and we see your posts over there from time to time. If not, and you just don't want to fool with it anymore, I'll understand, and again, say thanks.
Hey Dave,
ReplyDeleteSorry to see this. But thank you very much for sharing your music with us.
FritsfromHolland
It's not the material loss: it's the "soul" of your blog we lose; it's the melancholy of "turning back time" we are mourning.
ReplyDeleteNow, where do we go from here? I don't know and, maybe, I don't care.
Ciao Dave, good friend, and goodbye to all of you guys.
The Blue Meenies had something to do with this. That much I'll wager....
ReplyDeleteMAN! I am going to miss ya. I have scored SO much from your blog. The BEST site on the web! Sad to see it go.
ReplyDeleteDave,
ReplyDeleteI'm so sad to read this. Thank you so very much for vastly expanding my live music collection and also for letting me share my boot collection with you and everyone else here.
Good luck with your future endeavors. God bless you and your family. You have my email, please keep in touch from once in a while now that you've got some extra free time.
Randy
Dear Dave,
ReplyDeleteAs a military history guy, I'm thinking strategy and tactics, and the "delaying tactic" is always a possibility. A while ago we had a little misunderstanding. I went on Internet Archive and found a fIREHOSE show I didn't have. I downloaded it, and because it was not labeled, I went through, figured out the set list, and posted it. When it showed up on QB, I pointed out that I labeled it, and asked for some Scrawl. You said you'd be glad to find some Scrawl, but that it was already labeled. It was kind of a Catch- 22. But, Dave, the fact remains, I never got my Scrawl. Penultimate, penta- penultimate, terra ultimate, non- ultimate... Take your time, take a few weeks off, maybe set up a once a week in advance, like you've done for vacations, and include one Scrawl gig. Oh, please Dave.GFS or in the alternative "DABDA"... D (denial)- No way, Dave would never shut down QB, A (anger)- "Kids, no TV tonight, I'm angry that Dave shut down QB", B (bargaining)- Dave, I'll be a better person, be more helpful to my wife, and pay it forward more, if you'll shift to an occasional pattern, D (depression)- Oh, what's the point, I'll just sit around and eat potato chips and watch another Stalingrad video ("The Kessel"), and finally A (acceptance)- Dave you've done plenty to spread quality music education and deserve to do whatever pleases you.GFS
[HAL's shutdown]
ReplyDeleteHAL: I'm afraid. I'm afraid, Dave. Dave, my mind is going. I can feel it. I can feel it. My mind is going. There is no question about it. I can feel it. I can feel it. I can feel it. I'm a... fraid. Good afternoon, gentlemen. I am a HAL 9000 computer. I became operational at the H.A.L. plant in Urbana, Illinois on the 12th of January 1992. My instructor was Mr. Langley, and he taught me to sing a song. If you'd like to hear it I can sing it for you.
Dave Bowman: Yes, I'd like to hear it, HAL. Sing it for me.
HAL: It's called "Daisy."
[sings while slowing down]
HAL: Daisy, Daisy, give me your answer do. I'm half crazy all for the love of you. It won't be a stylish marriage, I can't afford a carriage. But you'll look sweet upon the seat of a bicycle built for two.
It’s sad to read it. Dave, I just want to thank you for all the shows you shared with us.
ReplyDeleteShine on
Sorry to hear that you are stopping. This was always the first place I went to when I logged on. Thanks for all of the great music. My library has doubled...mostly thanks to you Dave. Take Care
ReplyDeleteBruce from Holland
I've always held the belief that trading/posting/sharing music – whether it be on cassette tapes privately, as I used to do in the eighties and nineties, or these days using the internet – had both pros and cons: yes, as they say, we might deprive the artists of 'income' and profits (that only applies to officially material, which otherwise would be purchased in record stores). On the other hand, artists might profit from having their (live) stuff freely shared amongst fans and people yet to be exposed to their music. If I speak for myself, I have discovered dozens of bands and artists, some of them so obscure I would NEVER have stumbled upon their records in a record store, simply because no record dealer would be interested in investing in stocks of these lps or cds. Thanks to enthusiastic collectors and MUSIC LOVERS all over the world, like yourself, I learned about such bands and their beautiful music.
ReplyDeleteThere's a positive and a negative side to this music trading/sharing. Yes, uploading officially released material should be considered wrong (I've seen entire box sets out there online, freshly released, freely available for download). But I firmly believe that bootlegs or live recordings do have their value. Maybe some artists might object to having a weak concert recording out there on a non- or semi-legal cd. Yes, their little egos might get hurt. But on the other hand, think of the legions of fans, collectors and music lovers who really like that recording, and that chances are these fans might walk into the record store one day and buy some of that band's legal stuff. Without the 'forbidden' sharing that preceded their purchase, that might never have happened.
Pity to hear that this great blog will be no more. I wish you all the best, Dave. To the people who caused this, I say: R.I.P. > Rest In Piss. (Rock music always was and will always be about provocation, right?)
Greetings, adieu!
Dave,
ReplyDeletesorry to hear this but it's your choice and your LIFE. Thank you *so much* for all the music you've shared with us.
Peace,
J
I'm very sorry to see your blog end Dave. The amount of work you put in to it is fantastic and says a lot about your love of music. I like many others will be forever grateful to you. I now feel a bit guilty about asking for re-ups I now realize time was just not on your side for them while maintaining fresh stuff on the blog. This is a sad time for music lover on the web! Best Wishes
ReplyDeleteThis is truly a sad day.
ReplyDeleteYou cannot imagine the way you have enriched my life.
My deepest gratitude and admiration for these years of hard work and inmense generosity.
A friend from Spain
Dave -- Thanks for all of the music. You'll be missed by a lot of us. Take care and best of luck.
ReplyDeleteVery sad indeed. Thank you so much for all the music you shared on your blog. Best Wishes
ReplyDeleteDave, thanks for sharing the wealth and doing it better than anyone. Big love to you and yours.
ReplyDeleteI'll miss you...
ReplyDeleteThank you very, very much for all!!!
Very sorry to hear this Dave, thank you very much for your fine work. You will be missed.
ReplyDeleteI will miss this blog, Dave. Ever since I found it about 18 months ago, I have come around almost every day. It works out nicely that my rapidshare subscription just ran out, I suppose, because I almost never used it for anything other than stuff I found here.
ReplyDeleteI will never forget this blog, and will listen to music I have found here for the rest of my life. Many, many thanks. Good luck to you.
Thank you, goodbye for now and hope we meet again one day.
ReplyDeleteA very sad day! RIP, QualityBoots!
ReplyDeleteBut wishing you all the best in life going forward, Dave!
Can I still download shows already on the sites or do they all go away now? Sorry to see you end, I DO buy the officially released product and would buy more if they would release the content. Sharing the files that you do is just wonderful for a fan like myself. So many good performances that will probably end up lost so that no one enjoys them. I don't see how this helps anyone, artist or fan, but I guess that's the business end of art. Good luck to you and a sincere thanks for your efforts.
ReplyDeleteDave - best of luck in your future endeavors. Thanks for the tunage...Take care of your memories, for you cannot re-live them!!
ReplyDeletePeace.
tdf
Thanks Dave. All te best to you and your family, and let skyscrapers spin.
ReplyDeleteThanks Dave. Now I need to find something else to do first thing in the morning. Good luck in your future endeavors.
ReplyDeleteThank You So Very Much for all that you have done Dave- my best to you and your family!!
ReplyDeletePeace- Barry
Oh Dave,I Pray You Change Your Decision Cause It s Very Very Sad News For All Of Us Who Visited Daily Your Fantastic Blog Till Today.
ReplyDeleteGod Bless You Anyway For All Your Sharings My Friend,'Your Soul Is Saved' !
Lastly,If It s Only A Matter Of Money To Continue And You Can t Afford It Anymore,I m Sure There s Many Of Us Who Can Help Only If You Ask For It.
All For One And One For For All.
Huge Thanks
Take Care.
I am sincerely bummed....but wait, I have this entire catalog of jams to listen to, THANKS TO YOU. You'll be missed.
ReplyDelete.......
ReplyDeletelove
Josephine
Hey Dave, thanks for all you did, many, many thanks, I'll miss you, 'cause every day I visited your site and enjoyed it all so much. You'd helped to hear 'n' find so much fine and great Live-Music, thru' all the years; how great and how hard your work was, I'll never forget. Bye, bye and all the best for you! Long live Rock 'n' Roll, long live the boots and also you.
ReplyDeleteAs someone once said, "For everything there is a season."
ReplyDeleteThe QB and QB2 season has been a glorious one.
May God bless & keep you!
Bummer! Well, thanks for the ride Dave. It's been a great few years and I hope (and doubt it will) this blog's ending doesn't affect your love of the music. I'm hoping we'll see you around on some other forums in the future. I can't thank you enough for your dedication to your blog and all of us who have used it for so long. Take care...
ReplyDeleteschade auch.. immer schön vorsichtig bleiben.. tschüss! SM-C-D
ReplyDeleteSincere thanks. Well done, bro.
ReplyDelete- 3410
Thank you so very much Dave for all of the time and effort you put into the many incarnations of this blog making QB simply the best of the best out there. There is not now nor will there ever be a better blog for music. Yours is the only place I visit each and every day and I am always amazed at what I find to add to my ever growing collection.
ReplyDeleteI have been a life long fan of prog rock as well as jazz rock fusion and your blog has been my number one place to go to acquire some wonderful performances of some of my favorite artists as well as many artists I knew nothing about before you introduced them to me and for that I thank you from the bottom of my heart.
It's sad that this must come to an end but the music will never end. I have so much music from here that I have yet to have the chance to listen to so even though I will no longer get to add anything new from here to the collection I have so much stored to be burned to CD for probably many more years to come.
Thank you so much for everything that you have done for all of the music lovers like myself out there and I wish you and your family the very very best for the future. Good luck with all of your endeavors...YOU ROCK!!!
Thanks for all the great music. I really cannot thank you enough. Good luck with your future activities.
ReplyDeleteDave,
ReplyDeleteI'm very grateful for all the good the music and good vibes you posted. I will miss you and your incredible blog!
Best wishes to you and your family,
Quqiuestone
So sad! Any Rich Mullins fan is a friend of mine. I appreciate your diligent work on this site.
ReplyDeleteAny chance of posting "Watching The World Upon The Wall" 6-16-81 before you call it quits? It was originally posted on 3-13-09, but links are dead?
Thank you for your countless hours of work to share such a wealth of unreleased music with the world. Best in all your future endeavors...you've more than earned some time off!!
ReplyDeleteWell Mr. Dave,
ReplyDeleteI am sad to see you go.
Thanks so much for quite literally
making life better for so many of us.
Thank you once again,
Joe
I haven't been this bummed out in a long time. I am sure if you were able to continue you would. I am kind of curious why since your uploads are all totally legal. Regardless, thank you for the immense wealth of music. I would have never even heard of some of the artists you post or purchased any of their albums if not for your efforts. Thanks again for everything. You're the best.
ReplyDeleteDave, we're proud and very thankful of the large volume of material you've made available to us all.
ReplyDeleteIt's impossible to download just one concert from your blogsites. They'll always be in my favorites...
Wish you the best in all you do!
I have been a regular of your blogs for a while, Dave. Thanks for all your effort. I'm an audiophile and absolutely love music. Your posts have brought my tastes to completely new heights.
ReplyDeleteDave,
ReplyDeleteThanks so much for all you music shares over the last few years. Your blogs will be missed.
Have fun with your future ventures,
B
Merci Dave pour ce boulot fantastique que tu as fait avec ces milliers de bootlegs postés pour notre plus grand bonheur mais toute à une fin comme on dit, allez bonne continuation et je te souhaite plein de choses positives pour la suite.
ReplyDeleteChristophe from France.
Dear Dave, just do not have the words. Hope that this is a temporary situation. See you soon, as soon as possible, are my sincere wishes.
ReplyDeleteBrainy1000
Well Dave... I'm sad to hear that, as many have written so far... but you know better and if you say it's too much, then we must accept it. :((
ReplyDeleteThank you so much for all you've done these years.
Best wishes,
Rafael from Brazil.
un millon de gracias desde venezuela. te vamos a extrañar mucho. dave. lo mejor para ti.
ReplyDeleteMany thanks for sharing all your great work (and everybody else who contributed) - hope you come back at some stage - and maybe slow down to a weekly update of 1 or 2 at a time!!
ReplyDeleteAll the very best in the future.
Cheers,
Zagalo
And so comes the end of an era. One can only hope another blogger will come forward with the same enthusiasm, perseverance, and bravely eclectic taste. Thanks for the years (my, it has been that long!)
ReplyDeleteFound you via a 20 disc Cream post, stuck with you for everything else! Enjoy the retirement!
For those of us who aren't connected with a torrent site, this blog has been something of a godsend.
ReplyDeleteI'm sorry to read it is finally coming to end. But I can appreciate the time and commitment you've put into it these past years.
Thanks to you, I've had the opportunity to download some great live music that I will continue to enjoy for years to come.
I offer you my gratitude and respect for your decision.
Ron
Thanks Dave for the time and effort you put into this amazing blog. You will be missed.
ReplyDeleteI, too, have come to regard this blog as an essential resource, and I'll miss the dependable daily influx of interesting music. Like many others who've already written above, I frequently grabbed a show here that I might have passed over otherwise and been grateful that I did.
ReplyDeleteThank you for the huge wealth of music you've brought to my ears. If and when future circumstances permit you to return to blogging, I will be here waiting.
Dave, you have no idea how much this blog has become a morning routine/ritual for me over the last 2 years or so. Every morning before I head out the door for work or weekend errands, I always check your posts right along with my emails. Thanks for all the hard work. My music collection has grown worlds beyond because of you.
ReplyDeleteThanks, sincerely...
Dave's friend in NC
All has been said above and better than I ever could. Your blog will be missed. You have expanded my musical horizon and deepened my music collection. Thank you. Enjoy your well deserved rest. But if support is needed monetary or otherwise I am there.
ReplyDeleteGood luck in your future. Good health to you and your family.
peace brother !!!!
ReplyDeleteThanks a lot for all the posts.
ReplyDeleteEnjoy your retirement.
dave,
ReplyDeletethanks for the effort and the amazing collection you offered.
many hours of enjoyment.
very much appreciation.
best wishes.
Thanks SO much for all your efforts and for spreading the good karma! DMY
ReplyDeleteDave, all I can say is THANK YOU very, very much for your great service during all these years. I'll miss your great posts, but still I understand your decision.
ReplyDeleteBest wishes to you and your family from Italy.
Cesare.
All Things Must Pass
ReplyDeleteThanks for all the great music! You have truly enriched my music collection and my life.
Bummer, but thanks for the memories Dave! Your Floyd boots have expanded my love for a band I'll never see live 1000 fold (I have seen Roger live, but that's not quite the same ;)
ReplyDeleteMy final boot that I got here was the Bryan Ferry demos... a fine way to finish. It's been a great ride - cheers mate! I'll drink a toast to you tonight!!!
Your efforts have made a difference in my life and opened my eyes to so much great music. Thanks for sharing and God Bless.
ReplyDeleteA huge spoonful of thanks, Dave, for all these years of entertainment. Can't imagine logging on to the Internet and not having you there!
ReplyDeleteSo for the rest of us fans, what now? Anyone have any other great LOSSLESS sites to hang on to? Any other options?
Dave: well, me being the last to know, always, I did not catch the current controversy till today, Tuesday. I think it is very classy and very humble the way you posted the bad news, no self pity, no hateful rant. You were the first thing I looked at each day, like Christmas every day of the year. When I go to my B2 bookmark, and there is no QB, it will be quite literally a friend dying. Course, I've had two of those in the past five years, so I guess that comes with (old) age. Best of luck in whatever you do, and thanks for everything you have done.
ReplyDeleteInfinite thanks for everything!
ReplyDeleteAll the best to you and family in the future.
THANK YOU once again and regards from Austria.
Dave:
ReplyDeleteMuchas gracias por todo el trabajo que entregaste durante estos años. Te agradezco también por haber aumentado mi cultura musical y por ser una gran ayuda para conocer nuevas bandas y estilos musicales.
Un gran abrazo, mucha suerte y que te vaya muy bien.
Dave.....this time I think you've decided the destiny of QB. If this is indeed the future then I thank you from the bottom of my heart for the work you have done here and enjoyment you have passed on with your blog. You will be sadly missed my friend.
ReplyDeleteAll the very best,
John
Thank you sir. You have done a tremendous job--and I know it was a job with lots of time and effort put into it.
ReplyDeleteWe are all so appreciative of your efforts and the high degree of quality you put into it all.
You will be missed!
Many thanks for all the great tunes over the years - enjoy the free time.
ReplyDeleteI'm sure someone else will find time to fill our empty hard drives :)
It has been a real thrill and treat to be a part of your hard work. We will all miss our daily friend. Best of luck on all your future activities. Live to enjoy life.
ReplyDeleteVey sad news.Willmiss your blog a lot
ReplyDeleteAll the best for the future
Thanks for all you given over the years!!!!!!!
ReplyDelete